Lake Erie Nature & Science Center features a variety of programming including Girl Scout Badge & Journey Programs, Days, Nights, and Overnights for Daisy, Brownie, Junior, and Cadette/Senior/Ambassador Girl Scouts. Our beautiful natural setting, fascinating live animal collection, world-class planetarium and highly-trained education staff make the most challenging science badge an inspirational walk on the wild side!
What do you want to do? Spend a day or a night at a program developed just for your age, troop and interest level. Encounter wildlife, explore the stars in the Walter R. Schuele Planetarium or head to the great outdoors for a woodland retreat or a visit to Lake Erie! Badges and/or patches ar included in the fee and will be provided to Troop leaders at the end of the program. Sign up as a troop or as an individual scout.
Spend the night at Lake Erie Nature & Science Center and enjoy night hikes, crafts, music, games, animals, night sky activities and more! Overnight activities vary based on the program but all include an evening snack and continental breakfast in the morning. Badges or patches are included.
All inclusive backpacks provide all the mateials, instructions and activities necessary for your troop to complete a variety of natural science badges on your own. Your troop is welcome to stay beyond the minimum time recommended to work on activities or to explore the Center from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily. Badges are included in the backpack rental fee. Adults must leave a driver's license during checkout. Cost is only $8.00 per girls with no minimum fee or deposit.
Our exciting Back to Nature Day Camp for Girls and for local Girl Scouts is back for the 12th year with new activities and old favorites.
• Registration begins Wednesday, September 11, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. (except for Back to Nature Day Camp for Girls)
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required within 2 weeks of registration. Final payment by troop check, cash or Visa/ MasterCard/Discover is due two weeks before the program date. Make checks payable to LENSC.
• Pre-registration is is accepted on a firstcome, first-served basis. Space is limited, so call early!
• Please register at least 4 weeks ahead for programs.
• Age-appropriate activities are designed for program
participants only, no siblings or other non-scouts
please. You are welcome to enjoy the Center exhibits, but for the safety and enjoyment of the girls, we cannot permit parents to bring young children or strollers into the classrooms.
• Troops should follow all Safety-Wise procedures and adhere to adult/child ratios. Due to space constraints for Overnights and Girl Scout Days, there should be no more than 5 adults per Daisy troop, 4 adults per Brownie troop and 3 adults per Junior troop.
• Unless otherwise noted, sleeping arrangements for all Overnights are indoors in the program rooms and Exhibit Halls. Air mattresses are NOT permitted; please limit camping pads to the size of your sleeping bag. Sleeping arrangements for the Campout are outdoors and each troop must provide their own tents.
• Arrive early to allow for check-in. If starting time listed on your confirmation is delayed, the program will conclude at the scheduled time, which may not allow for full completion of the Badge requirements.
• For the sake of our live animals, do not bring food or drink to any program without advance approval.