The Women’s Board of Lake Erie Nature & Science Center is a volunteer organization with a rich history. Started in 1954 by six women, it has grown in numbers to a group of women of all ages, skills, experiences and talents. The purpose of the Women’s Board is to support Lake Erie Nature & Science Center through service, leadership, community awareness and fund raising. Our meetings and socials are held on the first Wednesday of the month, September through June, at Lake Erie Nature & Science Center starting at 12:00 noon.
• Support Lake Erie Nature & Science Center, an organization which educates children about nature.
• Make new friends.
• Have fun on a field trip.
• Attend a Fireside Party in January.
• Work with fellow members on fundraisers.
• Participate in a weekly craft group creating items to be sold at various events.
• Attend monthly meetings where you’ll enjoy programs presented by Lake Erie Nature & Science Center’s staff or outside speakers.
• Enjoy festive restaurant luncheons each year as we celebrate our accomplishments.
• Participate in a soup and salad luncheon prepared by members.
• Volunteer at Lake Erie Nature & Science Center events.
We presently have one yearly fundraiser at Huntington Playhouse. We are considering adding more fundraisers in the future.
2015 Huntington Playhouse Fundraiser
Sunday, July 19, 2015 at 2:00 p.m.
Last year's Christmas Carousel craft fair was very successful, thanks to your efforts and high quality products. The Women’s Board has decided to not hold Christmas Carousel in 2015, and will be directing the members’ energies and time to support the Center’s many events, along with strengthening and building our membership. We will revisit the potential for holding Christmas Carousel in future years. Thank you for your past patronage and know that your contact information will be kept on file for any future Women's Board sponsored events or craft fairs.
For more information, please call the Center at (440) 871-2900
or explore the Women's Board Brochure and Membership Application.